2011年6月24日 星期五

Day 12 - ICSP @ Camp Grimes

Afternoon
The highlight was I helped the blind boy swim~ Basically, I just watched him, since he has learned how to swim by his father. He swam super much today. When he had rest, we also chatted with each other in the water. He had a very positive attitude toward his life. That's my impression!

Evening
I had a night-off every Thursday evening after the assembly. Other staff had promised to take me to hang around, so I dressed up and became very excited. We had 5 cars in total. We went to T.G.I Friday's first to have some "real food". I had a special price (12.99. 16.34 after the tax and the service charge) for three dishes. They were yummy and tasty, especially the angel hair pasta with chopped tomato. I loved it! It reminded me my favorite thin noodles! However, the portion was huge. I almost couldn't walk afterwards with my giant belly. Man~~ S's girlfriend had her birthday today. 2C and J had a small play: They held the brooms and asked different people, "Is today your birthday?" Then, finally, they went to her and sang the birthday song! Other guests in the restaurant turned to see what we were doing at that time. Scouts always try to catch everyone's attention, haha.

Finally, we arrived at the dancing hall. Wow! The hall was full of people! A live band playing the music, too! The type of the dance is called Country Dance. The MC told everyone how to dance and then we enjoyed the music and the dance. It's hard for me to understand what the MC said, because of the bad quality of the microphone. My partner emphasized that the MC was actually not good at instructing how to dance at all (everyone was complaining), which means if I didn't understand him, not my fault! :-) Anyway, I was the representative of Taiwan and I have been dancing for a long time. I could easily follow up all the steps without any problem. Of course I made some mistakes, but I didn't care! We only danced three songs this night, for we were late there. I really loved dancing with other people, I wish I could come next week! I Love Folk Dance! Hooray!

沒有留言:

張貼留言