2011年6月18日 星期六

Day 06 - ICSP @ Camp Grimes

Clean it up!
Staff was going to have vacations on the weekend, so we were asked to do the cleaning first. Trailblazars was in charge of the staff lodge. It's not a tough job though, I also learned some new words at the same time, like broom(掃把) and dust pan(畚斗。They don't have a handle/pole/stick for the pan. It's so weird. How can you collect the dust? Ask for another person's help? I don't get it.).

Then, I became uncomfortable while everyone was waiting for dismissing. I mean, everyone will go home! How about me? Stay in the camp for the weekend? Awful!  But, do I have other choices? Well, I can ask for a ride to somewhere else... I think I am just lazy to ask. Besides, I have no idea what is fun in NC. Anyway, I was glad there were still some people staying during the weekend. We got no food on the weekend, so we went to town to buy some food then. It took us forever to reach the town, sort of. America is just huge, isn't it? Our destination was Walmart. Um, that's ALL. They said you got everything here in Walmart, but where was the fresh vegetable/fruits? Shit, I could only hang around with the cans and the noodles this weekend! Thanked God at least they sold INSTANT NOODLES and INSTANT RICE here. I got tons of them immediately! Other staff chose chips, cereals, candies, and so on for their meals. You can tell who is not American once you look at the shopping basket obviously (haha!). I wouldn't take those food as my meals. I would die of those shits, okay? Die! My short conclusion is Taiwan is the best food tasting destination. Everything is DELICIOUS and WARM and CHEAP and HANDY.  I want Taiwanese food... T_T~~~ I have lost weight within the five days... 
                                      Sightseeing hot spot in Marion(?)!

In the evening, I studied Safe from Harm and was certified in the end (Yahoooo!). The course is awesome. Everyone should study it. I just realize that in order to be a good teacher, I still have a long way to go. Communication should be more serious. Keep those points (from the web site) in mind.

沒有留言:

張貼留言