2011年6月14日 星期二

Day 03 - ICSP @ Camp Grimes

Work
Lots of reading today, in order to know what we are going to do for campers. Thanked to iPad Anders gave me. I didn't need to struggle for words! Basically, I just clicked and looked it up! (iPad became a dictionary? Ummmmm.....)

Free time - Jogging
I got the camp orienteering map today. I decided to have a short exploring tour before the dinner. I memorized the route I would take, and then I went! The camp was big and steep enough for me to get exercise. I should do it more often to discover more beauties within the camp site!

Free time - Swimming
I became beginner for swimming today! Yahoo~ We staff had a swimming test in the evening to see who could be beginner or swimmer during the camp. Once you are certified, you can do the water activities based on your level. I was so nervous in the beginning. I asked for all the details with shaky body (The temperature was so low...less than 20 degrees out of water.) in order to get more time to prepare emotionally. I took off my glasses and became brave. I mean, I couldn't see well, I just needed to jump in. The guard said the water was not as deep as I thought anyway (2 meters). After some minutes, I jumped in and started to swim like a frog. Maybe 50-75 meters? Then, it's time for the last part: backstroke. Well, I do know how to float in My way. I failed to move my hands like a bird while I was swimming( never done that before). So I was only the beginner. The guard said I am welcome to learn and redo the test one day!

Evening lesson
We talked about Sexual Harassment after swimming. I just realized Taiwanese scout leaders need to pay more attention to this issue before their camp or so starts, since we rarely talk about this. This is absolutely a good way to prevent everyone, from children to adults, from harming (sexual harassment, bullying, abuse, taking drugs...) during the event. See, the 22nd WSJ also asks all the staff to get through http://safefromharm.se/ .

Ohhh, today was also a full moon day. So lovely when fireflies flew around.

Tradition of Camp Grimes
Yell/scream/shout out the sentence on your meal plate, and everyone should yell back! Very fun! ps. The sentence could be: Do not take drugs......

沒有留言:

張貼留言