2011年6月21日 星期二

Day 10 - ICSP @ Camp Grimes

Morning
Our patrol went 5-mile hiking this morning. We had a quick look at what we should be careful with at the shelter, and then, it was time to go out. I didn't know how long was 5miles, so I just kept following. We had a small loop passing all cool activity areas (T introduced how fun they were and encouraged them to join at their free time.) and a big loop (still inside the camp). T kept asking kids to drink water in order to avoid getting dehydration. That's why we spent so much time on waiting for bottles filled up (This was killing me!) In my opinion, kids should also know how to deal with limited water (Holding a mouth of water for 1 minute and drink it very slowly down into your throat is a good idea to save your water), not just kept drinking water like this. Anyway, we are afraid of being sewed by their parents. Just follow up the right things they think. I don't want to try to change anything. The kids were well disciplined once again I wanted to mention, because they were only 10 to 11, they just kept walking and walking! Some kids of course became tired and started to complain how long have we walked or how many miles were left... As staff, the only thing I could do was try to encourage them, or told them the funny facts of the plants we saw. And never, ever, tell them we have walked xx miles or we still have xx miles to go. "You shouldn't let them expect anything", T said.

Afternoon
In the water again. The sun light was tooooooooo strong today! I must remember to buy Aloe Vera on the weekend... C observed the clouds (直展雲) far away were getting bigger and bigger. In the end, we had to go back to the shelter because of the thunderstorm warning! (According to the rule, once the thunderstorm is coming, the waterfront has to be shut down for 30 minutes until the waning is released. The kids and staff stayed in the shelter and had a short lesson about the advantage of fitness, which was good and very useful!
Ps. I lost my screw to the glasses. Shit! My most expensive pair! I will absolutely complain to the salesman when I go back!

Evening
I was helping watch the kids on belay, too. Some people in my group were missing. Why? Why didn't they need to come? They had night-off already? I don't think so!

1 則留言:

  1. go into any store or gas station or drug store and ask if they have a "repair kit for glasses", they usually have several small screws, a small screw driver, etc. - maybe you can repair your glasses, at least temporarily...

    回覆刪除