2011年6月15日 星期三

Day 04 - ICSP @ Camp Grimes

Now, I will use my iPad (show off) to post today's diary! (Thank to Anders!)
Work
We Trailblazars did voluntary work for Scoutcraft this morning. In addtion to that, Mr.D also guided us to review the knots and lashings. It's making me full when I tried to remember all the new vocabulary. You know what I mean... Keep fighting with new words.
In the afternoon, staff from three departments gathered together to have "teaching demonstration". That's so exciting! I was going to teach in English! My heartbeat turned into 130(?) immediately when It was my turn. My show was about orienteering: how to set up a map. It was the same as I had my demonstration at the Scout Association of China (Taiwan) two years ago when ICSP applicants went through all the tests. I was approved after all with many compliments. Well, orienteering is my strongest part among all the skills. If I failed, it would be no fun at all. I appreciated the activity very very much (more than I can say). I actually suggest Taiwanese camps should adopt this system before they go. You just want to make sure that all the kids can get qualified lessons, don't you? These program leaders were fantastic. They not only gave compliments to us, they also let you know how you could improve yourself next time. I was so touched and impreesed, for the leaders were still young. But, they absolutely knew how to deal with teaching approprriately! We sat down in a circle in the end. We took turns sharing which part we could be better next time, our greatest weakness and strength were, and so on, which made me reflect myself and made a wish that I would survive for the following 5 weeks!
Staff's free time - Song Feast
Everyone got crazy and enjoyed singing loudly at the Open Shelter. So fun! Although I only understood 50 percents of lyrics. = =; Never mind, you just opened your mouth to pretend you were singing and shook your body with everyone!

Murmuring - Orienteering
I read the merit badge book for orienteering today. I just don't understand why BSA wants scouts to know "how to use a compass" right after "what is orienteering?". It doesn't make any sense at all! What is more important when it comes to "Orienteering"? Reading a map or using a compass? When you try to navigate yourself, you don't always have a compass with you, but you do have a map. I need to talk to someone who knows the system here to get its logic.

沒有留言:

張貼留言